Picture Prompts

Looking at pictures is a great way to remedy Writer's Block. If you ever heard the saying: Pictures are worth a thousand words (I think it goes like that), then you know what I'm talking about.

Go to Google or Photobucket or any other place that allows you to look at pictures and find ones that you think fit your WIP. Really, they don't even have to fit your story. Maybe you see a couple that you like and you just want to write a story to go with it. That's fine.

This whole process is designed so that you can write.

Since I'm talking about picture prompts. Here's a picture that you can write a story for.

You can write the story that occurred before the kiss, after the kiss, or maybe even during. And it doesn't have to be romantic. It can be a forced kiss or maybe the girl is kissing the guy to get information out of him. I don't know. Just look at it and get inspired.

There are words in this picture waiting to be deciphered. If you write a story and you want to share, post it on your blog or in the comment box.

~ Raven

2 comments:

Rebecca A. Rogers said...

This is a really good idea!

in which a girl reads said...

Oh, I love picture prompts! I just start searching google images when I'm having trouble describing things :D

Nice post!